Re: [OM] EPSON Stylus Photo R1900 on sale

Subject: Re: [OM] EPSON Stylus Photo R1900 on sale
From: Chris Crawford <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2009 00:21:42 -0400
You could always buy a used printer cheap. At the beginning of the year, my
Epson 2200 died in the middle of me printing a couple of prints I'd sold. I
tried to have it repaired but it needed new printheads, and that was
mucho-costly. I couldn't afford to buy a new printer; the 2880 (the current
model in the line that the 2200 evolved into) is $800 new. The same price
the 2200 was new, but back then I could afford it, now I can't. I looked for
a used 2200 on Ebay with no luck. Everyone wanted too much for them, and not
many were available. I found a guy selling a barely used R2400 (predecessor
to the 2880, successor to the 2200) for $300! I could afford that, so I took
a chance and got it. It arrived in magnificent condition with nearly full
ink. It makes MUCH nicer prints than my 2200. Deeper blacks, smaller dots. I
like it. You might try looking for a R2400 used, will be much less than any
of the new printers.

--
Chris Crawford
Fine Art Photography