Re: [OM] The ones that get away.

Subject: Re: [OM] The ones that get away.
From: Chris Crawford <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 22 Mar 2009 12:43:29 -0400
The zoo here in Fort Wayne has a small lake or pond in the middle of the
zoo. The pond is filled with ducks and geese. Until a few years ago, the
zoo's alligators also lived in the pond, in a section fenced off to keep the
gators from getting out (the fence extended to a section of dry land next to
the water too). One time a few yrs ago, I went there to do some photos for a
local magazine I was working for at the time. I noticed the alligators had
been moved to an artificial pool in another part of the zoo, and I asked the
zookeeper who was working with me why they moved. She confided that a baby
duck had swam through the fence into the alligator area and had gotten eaten
in front of a group of small children who were upset by seeing the baby duck
die! So, the gators were moved from the duck pond!

--
Chris Crawford
Fine Art Photography