Re: [OM] The ones that get away.

Subject: Re: [OM] The ones that get away.
From: "Paul Laughlin" <pelaughlin@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 2009 22:19:32 -0700
I actually spent 4 years in northern Maine.  Didn't even own a camera then.
Have to agree about Maine being kinda pretty. Grin  There were several times
that I really wished for one, though.  One was in the middle of January, on
a crystal clear night, with a full moon.  Temperature around 30 below, as it
would naturally be on a clear night.   I was returning to the base from a
night of carousing, at around 3:00AM and topped a hill with the small town
of Limestone below.  There were farmhouses scattered through the hills with
smoke coming from the chimneys.  The moon on the snow made it almost seem
like daylight.  I stopped the car and sat there for about 5 minutes, in awe.
And thought, my kingdom for a camera.
And then there were the beavers over by the officer's club on the base.
They kept returning and rebuilding their dam and flooding the officer's
club.  There were usually six or eight cars of families there watching the
beavers.
Never really missed those Hainesville Woods between Bangor and Presque Isle,
though.  Dreery place, that.  I did enjoy my stay in Maine.
Paul in Portland OR

<<. At that moment I started