Re: [OM] Galleries Closing

Subject: Re: [OM] Galleries Closing
From: "Sue Pearce" <bs.pearce@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2009 15:55:57 -0500
> Anyone else noticing similar articles/stories, etc.? I know that the
> common wisdom says in economic hard times, art is one of the first
> things to ignore until the disposable income level rises again.
>
> So, what's the word out there? Hard times upon the arts?
>
> --Bob Whitmire
A big piece in last Sunday's Times business section about an art dealer that
was pulling out sales despite the economy. Earlier issues commented on the
fall in art sales.

I think the gist is that the problems are with the huge items that sell for
multi million prices, not the friendly neighborhood artist.

Bill Pearce