Re: [OM] don't say please !

Subject: Re: [OM] don't say please !
From: Rand E <rtomcala@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 08 Mar 2009 19:30:06 -0400
My worst crossing also was pre 9-11.  I grew up just outside Detroit so
I had mad the crossing into Canada close to 100 times and I had never
experienced anything but courteous treatment from both the US and
Canadian agents.  In one particular crossing I was traveling with my
wife from Sault Sainte Marie MI into Canada.  I was asked the standard
questions with no problems until he asked if I had any firearms in the
vehicle.  I replied that I didn't.  He then wanted to know if I owned
any firearms, I told him I didn't think that that had anything to do
with the situation.  They then unloaded and searched my vehicle and all
our luggage.  This was on the Canadian side.  I just chalked it up to a
bad day for both of us.
Rand E