Re: [OM] [IMG] tormenta de verano en la bahía de Maldonado [ afterthough

Subject: Re: [OM] [IMG] tormenta de verano en la bahía de Maldonado [ afterthoughts ].
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 04 Mar 2009 01:32:55 -0800
Fernando Gonzalez Gentile wrote:
> Perhaps an anecdote can be told,... No film to load in my trekker - Velvia
> was in the fridge ... . The sun
> started to show up from the bottom of the clouds, while the rain was  heavily
> plunging :-(.

I'm exhausted and stressed just listing to the tale!

> While storing everything back I suddenly realized that I had my digital
> Stylus in the dashboard !! - better than nothing I thought, and crossed back
> route 10 while deciding to zoom into the sun and its reflection on
> the rain-wet water...
>
> http://www.flickr.com/photos/fernando_gonzalez_gentile/3264896540/sizes/l/

I like it. One thing I would do is soften the sun reflection on the
water. The sky, clouds and the rest of the water are so nice and soft.
But I see an edginess in the reflection part that sort of grates on my
eye. May be harsh bokeh, I'm not sure. In any case, I find the overall
look better with that softened.
<http://www.moosemystic.net/Gallery/Others/FGonzalezG/bahiadeM2.htm>

Maybe it's only me, with the 20/10 vision, anyway.

>> To my eye it interrupts the curving flow of the tree.
>>

> It does, to my eye too. Tried as much as I could to make a different
> composition. Problem is even worse there: the branch superimposes over the
> rocky hill of Punta Ballena. Doubt about my cloning-out abilities ....
> I noticed that when shooting: wanted Punta Ballena to be distinctly seen :-(

Certainly easy enough to remove the most obvious part. Nobody but a
local will then know the hill is really at least in part a short branch.
:-) <http://www.moosemystic.net/Gallery/Others/FGonzalezG/bahiadeM.htm>

Moose