Re: [OM] IMG: March 1st Snow in Mid-South

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: March 1st Snow in Mid-South
From: Bob Whitmire <bwhitmire@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 3 Mar 2009 11:07:04 -0500
On Mar 2, 2009, at 2:51 PM, Andrew Fildes wrote:

> You wait until the Gulf Stream shuts down mate - then you're in
> strife!
> Andrew Fildes
> afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Y'know, the politics of climate notwithstanding, I find it interesting
that few if any reports in the popular press mention the fact that to
date there is absolutely no scientific evidence to suggest the
Pleistocene glaciations finished at four. Seems I recall from my
college geology courses that one or two of the previous interglacial
periods saw global warming to a greater degree than today--assuming,
of course, the methods of measuring were and are anywhere near accurate.

If that's the case, we may be in for a rather significant shock in the
years to come. Not that I wish to make our Canadian cousins to the
north anxious, or even those of us who inhabit Occupied Canada
(Maine), and who see evidence of the last glacial period every time we
go outside. The geopolitical ramifications of a fifth glaciation would
be, well, mind-boggling, to say the least. <g>

--Bob Whitmire
www.bwp33.com