Re: [OM] IMG: March 1st Snow in Mid-South

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: March 1st Snow in Mid-South
From: John Hudson <OM4T@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 01 Mar 2009 21:01:20 -0400
Hi Jim and also to John D in south Wales ...

I had no thought whatsoever about stirring up a feud about the the merits of
Olympus and Leica optics. I have quite a collection of both Leica M and
Olympus OM film cameras and lenses, plus also Olympus E series digital
bodies and lenses, and am appreciative of the high quality and output of
each system individually. I wouldn't part with any of the three systems.

Mention of the mix and match combos of Leica and Olympus equipment that have
come to light in recent, and not so recent, postings got me thinking about
the performance of those combos and how they might measure up against the
performance of one or other system on its own.

The question was asked out of curiosity and with no ulterior motive of
adding fat to a yet unlit fire.

jh