Re: [OM] (OT) Traffic

Subject: Re: [OM] (OT) Traffic
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 01 Mar 2009 15:13:05 -0500
Try Avast.  I did and switched away from AVG immediately.  Avast just
works quietly away and does not gobble your machine for an hour or two
each day.  It doesn't check the whole drive every day.  It just checks
what you use at the time its loaded unless you choose to do a rootkit
check prior to boot.  Then it will run a while but that's only at your
own choosing.  I did it once at the start.  I thought the load time
check would be a noticeable performance hit but it's not.  It will
however make a verbal announcement that the virus database has been
downloaded and updated after it's over.  Maybe there's a switch to turn
that off but it hasn't been intrusive.  Try it.  You'll like it.

Chuck Norcutt