Re: [OM] 90/2.0 vs 135/3.5 for distant landscape

Subject: Re: [OM] 90/2.0 vs 135/3.5 for distant landscape
From: Dawid Loubser <dawidl@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2009 17:45:06 +0200
On 26 Feb 2009, at 5:11 PM, Ken Norton wrote:

>> I'm never buying another single-digit E-body again.  They last too
>> long.  ;)

I had the same problem with a Canon 1D-series body. I later sold mine,
as the damn
thing didn't want to give in. Little did I know I would be replacing
it with an
OM "1-series" body which hasn't given up in at least 25 years :-) My
OM-1n actually looks
a heck of a lot better than my 1D did, i.e. absolutely no visible
signs of wear whatsoever,
the chrome bodies just never show their age.

Even after 2 years, the 1D started showing dings and scratches. But
boy, it never skipped a
beat. If I ever feel like a big SLR camera again (umm, wait, OK the
Mamiya RB67 is a MUCH bigger
SLR, but you know what I mean...) it will sure be a Canon 1-series.

But if an E-1 (which I've never handled) is built anything like an E-3
(which I know well)
it will probably never give up :-)