Re: [OM] pizza, was New Bessa Pics

Subject: Re: [OM] pizza, was New Bessa Pics
From: Nicoletta Da Ros <nicodaros@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2009 15:58:34 -0800
this is because in italy it's very rare to find restaurants that are
not italian style, so people are not exposed to other styles/
cuisines. which is a shame. granted, i cannot expect to have the same
variety i have in los angeles, but maybe we should have something
more than a shady pseudo-kinda-chinese restaurant in the bad part of
town... so tourists who eat abroad would know better and avoid
looking for "mamma's food" in whichever area of the globe they find
themselves in, and try the local flavors for once - and it would be a
lot easier if they were used to seeing something different around
town, and not just mcdonald's (which, by the way, people love in
italy...)

nico.