Re: [OM] 90/2.0 vs 135/3.5 for distant landscape

Subject: Re: [OM] 90/2.0 vs 135/3.5 for distant landscape
From: Dawid Loubser <dawidl@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2009 08:43:47 +0200
> Another list member sh owed me his 100/2 and noted that it was far
> superior
> in general use to the 90.

Hi bill, in which ways? Are you talking handling, or optics? I have a
hard time
imagining superior in terms of optics, I really do. Also, the 90/2.0
has a really
smooth and quick focus throw for most "normal" distances, it only
becomes long in
the macro range. The 90/2.0 is not very big, and surprisingly short
for what it is.
A bit fat yes (not the prettiest lens ever made), and the aperture
ring is at the
back, but I prefer it that way (like on the 35-80/2.8) because it is
right next
to the shutter speed dial, so you can shift settings while keeping the
same exposure
in literally one action.

Anyway, I am just curious...