Re: [OM] pizza, was New Bessa Pics

Subject: Re: [OM] pizza, was New Bessa Pics
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2009 09:34:18 -0600
Pizza, did somebody say PIZZA????

On this side of the pond, I'm extremely partial to pizza at "Mama Mia's" in
Mackinaw City and "Pizzeria Uno" in Chicago.  Now, not to get too anal about
this, but the best Pizzeria Uno is the original red store. There is
something about the odor in there that seems to enhance the flavor of the
pizza.  Even Pizzeria Due, the second store a block away, has a different
flavor!  Impossible?  I think it has to do with the location of the
restrooms.  The Pizzeria Uno chain stores are very very good, but not quite
the same as the original store--again, it's the odor of the place.

Pizzeria Uno makes THICK pizzas (about two inches thick--most of that
toppings), but Mama Mia's is kinda a cross between NYC and Chicago pizza
with a slightly thicker, but not bready crust and the sauce has a slight
bite, but isn't acidic.  Mama Mia's is easily the best pizza I've ever had
and I never fail to get one whenever I'm in the area.  Frankly, it's reason
enough to go visit Michigan and you get to see some touristy stuff in the
Mackinaw area to boot.  There's this tiny bridge and island....

Oh, man....

AG