Re: [OM] OT airports (was IMG: Nathan's PAW 6: four countries)

Subject: Re: [OM] OT airports (was IMG: Nathan's PAW 6: four countries)
From: Nicoletta Da Ros <nicodaros@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2009 11:13:29 -0800
well, maybe it's also the bad experience i had there - running from
one side of the terminal to the other to get to the connecting flight
in time, just to be held up at the boarding gate because they
maintained my passport was stolen (maybe the fact that i had 4 US
visas was suspicious? mystery...) and it took all of 2 drivers
licenses (italian and US), 2 ID cards (italian and US), school ID,
credit card, debit card, library card, check book, and frequent flyer
card (by British Airways, HA! i was flying lufthansa/air india) to
prove that, indeed, i was the person on the passport... barely made
the flight.

at JFK i remember, 6 months after 9/11, i walked out of the terminal,
crossed the street among random ( = non flying) people and cars and
entered the next terminal and i was never, i say NEVER, even looked
at or checked at/with a metal detector. could have carried anything
with me on the flight. i was appalled.

best experiences so far: LHR T5 and madrid barajas.

On Feb 19, 2009, at 10:48 AM, Ken Norton wrote:

> tried that one too - frankfurt beats it...

Am I the ONLY one that actually enjoyed Frankfurt?