Re: [OM] E-3 versus E-1 - pictures better with E-1

Subject: Re: [OM] E-3 versus E-1 - pictures better with E-1
From: Joel Wilcox <jfwilcox@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 8 Feb 2009 17:38:30 -0600
That turns out to be a very good question, Chris.  I had to shoot some
RAW +jpg to make sure I do know what is going on in LR.

It appears that picture settings are a kind of in-camera PP and only
affect jpg.  In camera exposure and WB, of course, are starting-points
for RAW development.  FastStone viewer shows the tethered RAW and jpg
files to look identical.  But when I pulled a RAW image into PS via LR
without adjustments, it differs from the jpg with respect to picture
settings.

My old Viewer program allows you (in E-1 development) to apply and/or
edit picture settings in RAW development.  Silly me, I was hoping LR
was actually doing the same thing.

Joel W.