Re: [OM] a proud moment

Subject: Re: [OM] a proud moment
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 05 Feb 2009 09:30:13 -0500
Generally the case in eastern Massachusetts although I don't ever recall
  berk and derby pronounced as though e was a.  My own Massachusetts
town (now spelled Woburn) is pronounced by the locals as "Wooob'n" and
derives from its original incorporation spelling (1642?) as Wobourne and
  the propensity of those from Massachusetts to lose track of r.  I
lived in Woburn for 11 years and still can't pronounce it like a native.

Chuck Norcutt