[OM] Mac Aperture and dual monitors - Jan or anyone else

Subject: [OM] Mac Aperture and dual monitors - Jan or anyone else
From: Ian W <ian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 04 Feb 2009 21:58:04 +0100
Hi

For using aperture I have a dell 24" display for main and a HP 20" for
looking at the photos full screen, however I see a colour shift from one
to the other,  I can adjust the HP while using aperture however when I
leave aperture it looks totally false.  I found that this was mentioned
on forums in the past the solution then was to use the colour profile of
the second display - most were using laptops so it was not a problem
making the external the main display. It seems that macpro can't handle
two seperate monitor profiles in apps like aperture (I believe its the
same in lightroom).  I have tried having the monitors connected to two
seperate cards 7300GT and nvidia 3870 and both on the 3870 but that
makes no difference

so does anyone else have this problem or better still had the problem
and found a fix