Re: [OM] Mid-Iowa ZuikoFest - Joel's results

Subject: Re: [OM] Mid-Iowa ZuikoFest - Joel's results
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2009 22:21:10 -0600

> I thought you were doing a job on us to lower our expectations but
> twarn't necessary.

Yeah, I've got to wake up pretty early in the morning to top Joel on these
outings.  I slept in while he was driving over from IC.

The grain elevator(?) is an interesting architectural study in gray/blue
> but the criss-crossing wires just don't belong.

To get my shot I had to tightly crop around the lines and threw away a good
50% of the digital image.  I think that Joel's picture isn't so much about
the bin, but the entire scene of which the lines are a part of the
composition.  Maybe a monochrome conversion might change the perspective.

BTW, it looks like I'm using the OM-4T in that one shot.  The MD2 was
attached and the lens was the 35-80.  Depending on when it was taken, it was
loaded with either Ilford PanF or Kodak Portra 400NC.  OM camera gear worked
flawlessly, of course.  :)

AG