Re: [OM] Mid-Iowa ZuikoFest - Joel's results

Subject: Re: [OM] Mid-Iowa ZuikoFest - Joel's results
From: Bob Whitmire <bwhitmire@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2009 09:10:37 -0500
I don't know about theory, but in practice I've used CS2, CS3,
Picture Window Pro, Fred Miranda, Q-imabge and Genuine Fractals for
going up and down, and for most sizes there's not a dime's worth of
difference in the final print between any of them. When you start
taking an E-1 file large, to, say, 16x20, IMHO, Genuine Fractals
takes a very slight edge, but you really have to be looking for it.
With the Nykon D3's native files, which are considerably larger
(roughly 11x14), the leaps are not so dramatic, and Q-image and CS3
seem just fine. Genuine Fractals as well, because it allows some
extra tinkering with the final product.

This is of course utterly subjective, and your mileage will vary.

--Bob Whitmire
"Art's just fart without the eff."
www.bwp33.com