Re: [OM] 1TB drives now under $100

Subject: Re: [OM] 1TB drives now under $100
From: Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 1 Feb 2009 11:39:31 -0800
> From: Chuck Norcutt <puhpxabephgg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>
> Help the economy.  Buy a new system.

Help the ecology. Keep your old system running as long as possible.

(Brought to you from a five-year-old Power Mac, my "daily driver,"
that runs everything I need to run -- including Aperture and Photoshop
-- as fast as I need to run it. What do they call a five-year-old PC?
Landfill!)

:::: On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament],
'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will
the right answers come out?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the
kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question. --
Charles Babbage ::::
:::: Jan Steinman <http://www.Bytesmiths.com> ::::