Re: [OM] Iowa Wintertime Zuikofest

Subject: Re: [OM] Iowa Wintertime Zuikofest
From: Joel Wilcox <jfwilcox@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 1 Feb 2009 12:50:44 -0600
Doggonit John, I'm going to have to do it some time, but not this
year.  Unfortunately for me, even though it's within the state, it's
about 5 or 6 hours away, and I'm driving not flying there, thanks
much.  Schnozz is too young to appreciate, and I almost am (I only
became aware of Buddy Holly at a point at which his music sounded
passe to my young ears).  I just read a nice appreciation of Buddy the
other day by Keith Richard, who said there were two great influences
-- Elvis and Buddy -- but Buddy looked like a library clerk, so it was
a little easier to hope to be Buddy than Elvis.  I'm glad Keith is
still alive as he has become such a cipher to the age, though I have
to say it looks like he's actually been dead for a while.  Not nice, I
know, but with respect it was his music among others that put me off
both Buddy and Elvis.  As for Elvis, I'm afraid he died when he went
into the army.  It was never the same.

Hey, didn't we have a rancorous thread about all this last year, Mr.
Hudson, you troublemaker!  ;^)

Joel W.