Re: [OM] 1TB drives now under $100

Subject: Re: [OM] 1TB drives now under $100
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 31 Jan 2009 20:27:04 -0500
For large drives don't use anything other than NTFS.  FAT32 partitions
larger than 32MB can be created but Microsoft didn't want you to do
that.  They are very inefficient.  That's why the non-arbitrary size
restriction is there.  FAT and FAT32 are very efficient for sequential
access but very inefficient for random access and get less and less
efficient as the drive gets larger and larger.

But read my other mail on this subject.  Get another computer.

Chuck Norcutt