Re: [OM] You've got snow?

Subject: Re: [OM] You've got snow?
From: Richard Lovison <rlovison@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2009 17:34:17 -0500
Bob Docherty wrote:

 > Well, I'd be happy for a little heat. This is the first time I've
been > able to get out of my house since Tuesday. Trees down, power out due
 > to ice storm. temp in F twenties and teens. Ice on limbs and lines
 > keep breaking power lines quicker than they can fix 'em. It's really
 > uncomfortable stepping out of the shower when it's 40 degrees F in
the > house. Thank goodness I have a gas water heater. I love it here in
 > Kentucky .I finally made it out of my neighborhood to a local eatery
 > with wi-fi. Thanks to some neighbors with chainsaws clearing our
road. > The cracking of tree limbs and whole trees toppling in the
middle of
 > the night is an eerie sound . I had power until Tuesday at 6:15am.
 > Might be without power for another week to 10 days. Now to find a
 > place to stay before I freeze to death.

Bob,

You have my sympathy as my wife and I along with many others in our area
were victims of an ice storm a couple of weeks before Christmas. We were
without power for a week. Thankfully we had a generator that powered the
oil burner, refrigerator, and well pump. The day they finally got to
repairing the lines we were hit with a 12'' snow storm. The irony of it
all. :)

Richard

--
Richard Lovison Photography