Re: [OM] Micro 4/3 - the digital back?

Subject: Re: [OM] Micro 4/3 - the digital back?
From: Joel Wilcox <jfwilcox@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2009 16:12:01 -0600
On Tue, Jan 27, 2009 at 4:02 PM, Wayne Harridge <> wrote:
> I wanted to use my Nikon mount Peleng 8mm fisheye on 4/3 so bought an
> adapter.  It worked, but the register distance was a bit out (slightly thin)
> so I couldn't use the focussing scale for setting hyperfocal distance and
> focussing TTL was difficult to say the least.  I then ordered another adapter
> from a different *b*y seller and the register distance on that was ok, so I'm
> happy with that

Any recollection who the second seller was/is?

> I've shot a few other Nikkors using the adapters but really wouldn't bother
> unless it's outside the 14-150mm range of the kit lenses I have.

I know the feeling.

I have an old pre-AI, later modified for AI, 85/1.8, which is pretty
interesting despite a scratch on the rear element.  Other than that I
wouldn't mind trying my 55/2.8 micro with a bit of live view if I ever
see a flower again.

Joel W.