Re: [OM] More on noise E3 - iso 3200

Subject: Re: [OM] More on noise E3 - iso 3200
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2009 13:52:44 -0500
I find it easier with digital to just forget auto anything.  I shoot
everything in manual mode these days.  I take an initial meter reading,
take a test shot, check the histogram and do a minor adjustment to that
if necessary.  Then I just hold that exposure and chimp occasionally
until one of the histograms tells me it's time to change exposure again.
  When processing the raw files in ACR I select whatever looks to be
taken at the same exposure and lighting, load into ACR, make exposure,
white balance and other adjustments to one image, synchronize those
adjustments across all the selected images, briefly view each image to
be sure I've gotten all of them right and then save and move on to the
next batch.

Chuck Norcutt