Re: [OM] On The subject of noise - portra 800 exposed and developed at 1

Subject: Re: [OM] On The subject of noise - portra 800 exposed and developed at 160
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2009 09:32:48 -0500
Yes, you're just mis-focused.  In the second shot of Luc you can see
that the point of focus is the "seam" between the two tables and the DOF
is just about enough to encompass Luc's feet.  I'm assuming you shot
this wide open at f/2 or close to it.  I put the distance between you
and the "seam" at about 1 meter based on my estimate of the width of the
tables.  At 1 meter with a 21mm at f/2 the DOF is only in the range of
70-80mm on either side of the point of focus.  At 2.8 it only improves
to the 90-120mm range.

But Luc is still cute even when he's out of focus.  :-)

Chuck Norcutt