Re: [OM] dance photo shoot

Subject: Re: [OM] dance photo shoot
From: ws <omls@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2009 06:30:41 -0500
Thanks Moose. I'll have to digest this over some time. Also
none of these I can afford at this time, both in terms of money
and time.

But at some point it will change and my goal is to make large
prints.  Currently I'm at13x19 inch, but would like to get to
24 inches wide by as long as practical. Hence the struggle,
and looking at all the alternatives. Including whether even
FF DLSR is the right path to that end.

So, right now I'm just in drool mode, which is cheap. A lot of the
lenses you suggest are probably acceptable at 13x19.

At 01:15 AM 1/26/2009, Moose wrote:
><snip>
>> I just want a good 21mm lens. I let my oly 21/2 go, it was very nice.
>
>If that's what you want, why not find another?

money

>> The loss in the 16-35 mkII at 35mm seems like net zero gain to me over the
>> version 1. I would rather have a good 16-18mm prime and a good 35mm prime,
>
>A few words ago, "I just want a good 21mm lens. " Trouble making up your
>mind? More from the 16-6 site:

And yes I do have trouble making up my mind. I should probably not
post when I'm about to fall asleep. What I meant to imply was that
the mk 1 vs the mk 2 16-35 seems to trade off one end of the range
for the other. 1 better at 35, 2 better at 16. So I would rather have
a prime at each. But the 21mm is a preferred wide angle for a prime.

Wayne