Re: [OM] ( OM ) E-510 arrived

Subject: Re: [OM] ( OM ) E-510 arrived
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2009 08:00:34 +1300
Joel wrote

> How do you cope with the E-1 LCD? or were you just hoping for much,
> much better with the 510?
>
> This is a trick I learned from the Schnozz.  Jack your sharpness
> settings up to the maximum.  The jpg that drives the LCD will be
> sharper.  When you process the RAW file, just turn off the camera
> setting and do your sharpening independently.

Actually, with the E-1 I don't use the LCD for much at all, when taking
photos. Chimping , yes, and checking what's on a card, when I've forgotten.
I found the E-1 in-camera software unreliable, when wanting to bring up
histogram etc, that I stopped using those functions. I could never get reliably
to where I wanted; and once there, could never reliably get back to where I
started from.

On the E-510 I have not yet found any menu controls for sharpness,
saturation, and contrast, that match those of the E-1.

I DID look pretty well, and ITFM. (In The Flaming Manual). There are other
image controls though in the 510.

I notice that I'm always hitting the  <Fn> button with my thumb, on the 510.
It's in a silly place. I might have to put a hard cover over it. Most of the
controls on the back RHS are too close to the thumb grip, for my hand.

Brian Swale.