Re: [OM] A surfeit of Chrome

Subject: Re: [OM] A surfeit of Chrome
From: "Sue Pearce" <bs.pearce@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2009 15:10:19 -0600
> in italy people have the choice to marry either in church or at city
> hall, definitely not outside of those two locations (i honestly don't
> know why).
In the USA, they can be anywhere, to wit the frequency of weddings that take
place during the act of skydiving for example. We seem to have one or two
every year. Generally, though, in the US they eake place either in a church
or chapel, or in a judge's chambers. Here, the courthouse sets aside times
for this service, and one gets in line, either literally or by reservation.
Judges do have the freedom to go elsewhere at any time, and some do moreso
than others for friends and children of friends. A marriage ceritficate is
legal signed either by a minister or a judge.

(weddings in city hall are not valid for
> the church, though).
Same here.

Having made several trips to Italy, I have had several instances where I
wished to stop a young lady and ask about those customs and her
availability.

Bill Pearce