Re: [OM] OT-LCD Monitor

Subject: Re: [OM] OT-LCD Monitor
From: Scott Gomez <scott@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 17 Jan 2009 11:56:55 -0800
On Thursday 15 January 2009 09:43:08 Bob Whitmire wrote:

> Anyone have any experience with this, or Samsung in general? I
seem
> to recall a while back Samsung had a LCD on the more
inexpensive side
> that nevertheless had a sweet spot for photo editing. I know
> worthiness varies from model to model . . .
>
> Thanx in advance,
>
> --Bob Whitmire
> www.bwp33.com

 Hi Bob,

I've been using a Samsung 2243BWX for well over a year now. It is
a great monitor. Analog and DVI inputs, height adjustable, wide
screen format. About the only complaint I've got with it is that it has
nearly invisible lettering for where the touch controls are located:
there are no real buttons. That said, I so rarely need any control
other than the on/off switch, that it's not much of a hardship; I've
learned where to poke it for the power switch.

It has a couple of USB ports built in, and the display can be pivoted
from landscape to portrait mode.

I use mine almost exclusively for a Fedora-based machine. It has a
disk for windows add-in software, but also has a number of
interesting and useful features built-in and useable in any OS.

$249 at Newegg.com (a vendor I can highly recommend)

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824001254&Tpk=samsung%202243bwx

---
Scott Gomez