Re: [OM] Reversed Cine Lens (was OM Bellows)

Subject: Re: [OM] Reversed Cine Lens (was OM Bellows)
From: Dan Mitchell <danmitchell@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2009 15:14:06 -0700
Dean Hansen wrote:
> Sorry, I've been late in getting through my OM digests.  I use either a
> reversed Elgeet 7mm or 6.5mm wide angle lens, originally for an 8mm
> movie camera, for ultra-macro.  An example (sorry, the shot can't be
> enlarged), shot with the 6.5 Elgeet, is at:
> http://members.iphouse.com/hanse112/page3/page3.html.

  More here (also elgeet 7mm lens reversed, but with a botchy mount made
of a gutted 2x converter mount glued to a jamjar lid with a hole in it);
I've posted these before, but what the heck:

  http://www.danielmitchell.net/gal/Photography/E330_Macro/Macro2

  has the setup. It's mounted directly on the camera, because live view
makes focussing relatively possible. Some images -- no bugs, because I
like bugs the size they are, not the size of my monitor.. :)

  Pollen:

http://www.danielmitchell.net/gal/Photography/E330_Macro/Pollen&image=P4040383.jpg

  Eye of a needle:

http://www.danielmitchell.net/gal/Photography/E330_Macro/Macro2&image=needle_eye.jpg

  Biro ball: (presumably all the rainbow effects are some sort of
optical trickery)

http://www.danielmitchell.net/gal/Photography/E330_Macro/Macro2&image=biro_
ball.jpg

  A hair: (again, I'm not sure where the weird double image comes from,
I don't think it's a reflection and the bottom one has the same texture
as the top so I don't think it's a shadow)

http://www.danielmitchell.net/gal/Photography/E330_Macro/Macro2&image=hair.jpg

  -- dan