Re: [OM] Reversed Cine Lens (was OM Bellows)

Subject: Re: [OM] Reversed Cine Lens (was OM Bellows)
From: Wayne Harridge <wayneharridge@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2009 09:32:27 +1100

> Dan Mitchell wrote:
>
> Dean Hansen wrote:
> > Sorry, I've been late in getting through my OM digests.  I use either
> > reversed Elgeet 7mm or 6.5mm wide angle lens, originally for an 8mm
> > movie camera, for ultra-macro.  An example (sorry, the shot can't be
> > enlarged), shot with the 6.5 Elgeet, is at:
> > http://members.iphouse.com/hanse112/page3/page3.html.
>
>   More here (also elgeet 7mm lens reversed, but with a botchy mount made
>
> of a gutted 2x converter mount glued to a jamjar lid with a hole in it);

Interesting "machining" work on that lens mount !

I looked through most of the images on the page - very impressive.  What
magnification are you getting with that set-up ?  There's not much DOF, are
they all at maximum aperture ?

It's interesting to see how much "crap" is stuck to things when they're
photographed at high magnification !

...Wayne

Wayne Harridge

http://lrh.structuregraphs.com