Re: [OM] OT Transition to digital TV (in the US)

Subject: Re: [OM] OT Transition to digital TV (in the US)
From: "jgettis81@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <jgettis81@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2009 19:35:01 -0800
The first thing that I would try is to go to
http://www.antennaweb.org/aw/welcome.aspx  If you input your address they
will give you some recommendations as to what kind and size of antenna you
should have..  Cannot comment on the satellite option as I have no
experience with them..  I can tell you that the boxes that are being sold
in K-mart & Wal-mart are not HD boxes but just digital tuners.  I would if
I thought I was going to need one however get on the waiting list for the
digital converter boxes.     They make HD tuners but they are much more
expensive and are not eligible for the coupon as far as I know.   Did a
little seaching and found this one at the best-buy site
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=8102796&type=product&id=116173
4592183.  I can tell you that I like the HD picture much more than I do the
regular tv.  I live in an area that I get great reception and have HD cable
also.  Hope this helps John

/