Re: [OM] OT Transition to digital TV (in the US)

Subject: Re: [OM] OT Transition to digital TV (in the US)
From: "Sue Pearce" <bs.pearce@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2009 16:40:08 -0600
Mike,

The ugly underbelly of the digital conversion is that coverage areas will
shrink. If you only get a noisy picture now, you may not get anything at
all, as with digital, the picture is either perfect or not at all.

Yes, it is UHF now, so the government can auction off the VHF spectrum for
cell phones and wireless stuff and the like and get billions to fund things
that we all probably aren't that keen about.

If you have the certificate, the box will not cost much, so it's probably
worth a try. If not, many sattelite people get local stations for a small
charge. I don't know abnout TV over the internet, but my experience with DSL
is don't expect it to work.

Bill Pearce