Re: [OM] IMG: Backyard Visitor

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Backyard Visitor
From: "montsnmags@xxxxxxxxx" <montsnmags@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2009 10:08:02 +1000
Andrew Fildes wrote:
> In fact, the safest way to walk around on the northern beaches is to
> take a sacrificial dog or too - the crocs will take them in
> preference. (Sorry Marc).

'S okay. I'm not a "ZOMG! PUPPIES ARE PEOPLE TOO!" reaction kind of guy,
except for in a semi-self-conscious, emotional indulgence with my own two.

Andrew Fildes wrote:
 > He softened up the squeamish kids by putting geckos on them, like
 > little jewelled brooches.

We've geckos climbing the walls, in and out here. They leave little
"chock-mint tic tacs" at the skirting boards from above. They also tend
to "fuse" electrics (such as our neighbours pool pump, and the board of
one of our air conditioners). On the plus side, they're part of the
large number of animals (mostly insects) here constantly trying to eat
each other, and I think this might be the reason we get so few flies and
mosquitoes (though plenty of wasps, hornets, dragonflies, spiders,
millipedes, and so on). Also, they're quite cute.

Cheers,
Marc
Noosa Heads, Oz
http://www.parknmeter.com/gallery