Re: [OM] I'm back, with an E-410!

Subject: Re: [OM] I'm back, with an E-410!
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 10 Jan 2009 16:23:26 -0500
Be very leery of lithium-ion battery and/or battery charger deals.
Lithium-ion batteries require special control circuitry internally to
prevent fire or explosion from short circuiting or overheating due to
high charge or discharge rates.  Most cheap Chinese batteries do not
have proper protection.  Your only protection is a well known brand name
(camera brand or Energizer, or... ) and even that may be counterfeit.

You may be risking fire or explosion with cheap batteries.  See:
<http://t5r.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/e1/clonetests.htm>
Also, check page 2 of the Energizer product safety data sheet for
lithium-ion batteries for a sobering read
<http://data.energizer.com/PDFs/lithiumion_psds.pdf>

Chuck Norcutt