Re: [OM] IMG: Backyard Visitor

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Backyard Visitor
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 10 Jan 2009 12:36:44 -0800
WayneS wrote:
> At 06:16 AM 1/10/2009, you wrote:
>
>> Likewise, what are you doing up at the ungodly hour of 6AM?
>>
>> That's gotta be bad for your health.  :-)
>>

> Yeah, result of doing a startup company and loosing lots of money, I now have
> a job where I have leave before 6AM just to beat the traffic.

I hope that improves for you soon.

> I heard on the radio that not getting enough sleep increases the potential
> for heart problems by 4x.

I'm taking no chances. I was in bed at 3:30 and don't recall what
happened next, so I must have gone to sleep right away. Then up at a
couple of minutes past noon = 8.5 hours.

> I am not going to last as long as my parents, that's for sure.

Don't say it unless you want it to be so. I've seen several news
summaries of those tests of the effects of amount of sleep on health
over the last few years. They seem to have results all over the place
and quite contradictory. If you get enough rest to feel rested and
energetic, that's enough, as far as I'm concerned. Occasionally, I sleep
up to 10 hours. Sometimes I wake up after 5-7 hours and just don't feel
like being in bed any more. I don't worry about it.

I think Meher Baba had it right "Don't Worry, Be Happy". Do that and
you'll live a long, pleasant life.

Moose