Re: [OM] (OM) Zuiko macro 50/3.5 and E1

Subject: Re: [OM] (OM) Zuiko macro 50/3.5 and E1
From: "Ken Norton" <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 9 Jan 2009 13:08:43 -0600

> I rarely use the OM adapter with anything other than the 50/3.5, 90/2,
> 180/2.8, or 300/4.5. There are others I could use it with, but mostly
> the DZs cover the ranges as well or better without the inconvenience.
> (I know that Ken will be out to scalp me of what little hair I have
> left for saying that ...)

Nope.  No scalping.  The DZ lenses are amazing.  What's interesting to me,
about using the ancient lenses on the E-1 system is that I'm now a far
better OM system user.  Knowing where the diffraction limits are on a given
lens has been quite revealing and pictures from the OM system are
benefiting.

The 24/2.8 and 35/2.8 give the most incredible 3D-like images with the E-1,
the 50/3.5 is just sharp in every way and has a comfortable "relaxed" bokeh
that doesn't look awkward or gimmicky. The 100/2.8, although sharp, doesn't
yield the same bokeh characteristics that it does on film (mysteries of the
universe), and the 200/4, which is typically rather pedestrian on film, is
incredible on the E-1.  The 300/4.5 is just plain wonderful on both systems.

Life is good.

AG