[OM] bokeh

Subject: [OM] bokeh
From: Brent <brutherford@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 9 Jan 2009 22:17:41 +1100
Hi

Your discussions about bokeh inspired me to have a play this afternoon.

Not sure if the bokeh in these photos is 'pleasing' or not.  All taken
with an OM Zuiko 50mm f1.4 on a Canon EOS 350D - all hand held.   This
lens always seems to have a "glowing" look about it, although it's not
blur... the 'in focus' bits are as sharp as anything I've seen using
my wife's L series lenses.

This one has that soft, smooth? look despite the spikey subject:
http://phogra.com/g/v/Jan2009/PutneyPark/spikygrass.jpg.html

http://phogra.com/g/v/Jan2009/PutneyPark/ciggy.jpg.html
http://phogra.com/g/v/Jan2009/PutneyPark/yellowflower.jpg.html

"Spot the bit in focus":
http://phogra.com/g/v/Jan2009/PutneyPark/wall.jpg.html

It is really hard focusing with the 350D :-(  wish I had a split focus
thing, or at least a bigger viewfinder...

Brent