Re: [OM] My OM Zuiko Rebirth

Subject: Re: [OM] My OM Zuiko Rebirth
From: "C.H.Ling" <ch_photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 9 Jan 2009 14:12:32 +0800
The 90/2 was not much more expensive than 100/2 in the late 80s', with
similar or even better performance plus macro I don't see any problem from
choosing it. The 85/2 is certainly not up to 100/2 or 90/2 performance. The
50/3.5 is much slower and shorter, the 135/4.5 is not that convenient and
also slow, the 80/4 is even more limited on the field. But they all have
their own uses so I own all of them and use them on where appropriate.

We just can't compare original lens with third part lenses especially they
are one stop slower!

The color/tonal quality of 90/2 is definately better than many other lenses.
Most old Tamron MF glasses has color problem that is a consensus here
between many old users. Of course it may be personal taste issue, just like
the poor Canon color that many people are very happy with, it took me years
to find a way to deal with it.

C.H.Ling