Re: [OM] More managed bokeh

Subject: Re: [OM] More managed bokeh
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 06 Jan 2009 14:22:47 -0500
The far background looks very good.  At the intermediate distance to the
right of the center stem I'm bothered by two things.  One is the halo
look around the perimeter of the green and brown edged leaf and the
second is a "hair" running between the leaves and across the stem of the
flower.  I think either one alone might be OK but the pair of them in
close proximity draws my attention there and won't let it go.  The
"hair", of course, has nothing to do with bokeh and I don't know if the
halo around the leaf is a bokeh effect or something else.  Anyhow those
two things prevent my full enjoyment of the image.

Chuck Norcutt