Re: [OM] BFTP [was G1 - Pop Photo camera of the year]

Subject: Re: [OM] BFTP [was G1 - Pop Photo camera of the year]
From: usher99@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 05 Jan 2009 20:21:13 -0500
I'll  be watching closely as well.  One odd foible with the G1, is the
increased gain on the larger LCD in dim light so that WYSIWYG is not
really true.   In the EVF it enables proper framing etc. Could lead to
improper exp if the histo isn't checked---contrary to some posts on dpr
  live histo is available.  I think there may already a patch for the
firmware though I haven't checked in a bit. The LCD reflects the exp in
good light.  Anything else should be user enabled as desired.

Mike

But the G1 has IS in it's lenses and a twist and tilt LCD, which puts
it
in the feature/performance category of the larger, heavier, relatively
more expensive E-520.

If the first Oly entry hits the mark and/or G1 prices drop enough, I
could join a sub-set of the /43 ranks.

Moose

I'm watching closely. I will buy the first camera that comes close to
replicating the function of my Mynolta A1 which has both a much larger
sensor (ala 4/3) and also a very high resolution EVF.

Chuck Norcutt