Re: [OM] BFTP [was G1 - Pop Photo camera of the year]

Subject: Re: [OM] BFTP [was G1 - Pop Photo camera of the year]
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 01 Jan 2009 11:42:44 -0500
I have no idea but I think I'd be quite happy at 1024x768.  The A1 is
only 320x240.  The A2 is (I believe) 640x480.  I've never had a chance
to look through an A2.  Maybe it's good enough but the A1 is only good
enough for pointing and checking exposure.  I believe that a high
resolution EVF with resolution similar to your monitor would be clearly
superior to any optical viewfinder.  The A1 is an extraordinarily well
executed tool including the way the EVF operates.... changes brightness
relative to exposure, goes B&W under very low light.  Its only drawbacks
are a small sensor not much usable above ISO 100 and too little
resolution on the EVF.  Too bad Minolta bit the dust.  They almost had
it right.

Chuck Norcutt

Chuck Norcutt