Re: [OM] Be careful where you sit...

Subject: Re: [OM] Be careful where you sit...
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 05 Jan 2009 09:30:07 -0500
The memory is weak but not wrong.  I knew it had something to do with
point vs. extended light sources.  Read pages 60 and 62 of:
Perception of the Visual Environment By Ronald G. Boothe and note the
distinction between "intensity" (point source) and "luminance" (extended
source)  Page 63 goes on to discuss luminance from reflection.
<http://books.google.com/books?id=rCBuW7u6qhsC&pg=PA60&lpg=PA60&dq=%22point+source%22+%22extended+source%22+light+intensity&source=web&ots=LIVAzSfvOh&sig=v8i03Qz7Eg4N1g2_lE9XiJG_Wd0&hl=en&sa=X&oi=book_result&resnum=7&ct=result#PPA60,M1>

Chuck Norcutt