Re: [OM] My New Year's Eve with a 5D MkII

Subject: Re: [OM] My New Year's Eve with a 5D MkII
From: "Joel Wilcox" <jfwilcox@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 2 Jan 2009 12:24:17 -0600
Chris,
The camera's owner reports that the MkII is pretty much the same size
and weight as the older 5D.  Somebody ran the numbers on the 5D and
E-3 showing them to be more or less comparable when the E-3 came out.

The 5D MkII had a fairly heavy zoom lens on it.  I felt that the
over-all package was weighted more to the lens, whereas my package --
E-3 and 14-54 -- carries its heft in the body.

In terms of size, the MkII is wider.  Somehow this seems appropriate
since the viewfinder is a lovely FF view and the LCD is expansive.  I
honestly didn't have any problems with the size of the MkII, but then
I'm pretty buff now from hefting the E-3 around. :)

The E-3 impresses with its build quality and still seems like an
incredible value.  When I need small, there is the 420 to aspire to (I
don't need to tell you that!).

Joel W.