Re: [OM] Aloha from soggy Hawaii

Subject: Re: [OM] Aloha from soggy Hawaii
From: "Joel Wilcox" <jfwilcox@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 27 Dec 2008 19:46:21 -0600
On 12/27/08, Rob Harrison <robhar54@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Dec 27, 2008, at 11:55 AM, Joel Wilcox wrote:
>
>>  Here's one of my favorite spots on Oahu:
>>
>> http://www.flickr.com/photos/99378213@N00/3141277665/
>

> I LOVE those trees. Here are three shots I took, possibly of the same
> trees, when I was there in September '07. OMs, film scanned at
> development.
>
> <http://robharrison.smugmug.com/gallery/6933758_qZdTY/1/341653228_sRo45>

Thanks for those Rob.  Great shots.  Moana Lua Gardens is an
interesting place to shoot because it's actually private property
functioning a little bit like a public park.  They don't allow
commercial photography -- which means primarily wedding parties, I've
gathered -- but they will hassle you a little bit if you set up a
tripod.  I just enjoyed the safety net of IS, though I probably didn't
need it.  I think the greatest thing about Moana Lua Gardens is that
you can get some distance from the trees to get some perspective.  In
most of the places you find them, they seem to be growing out of a
postage stamp piece of ground surrounded by not-always-attractive
buildings.

Joel W.