Re: [OM] RawTherapee

Subject: Re: [OM] RawTherapee
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2008 19:21:31 -0500
The implication is that all 5 files are being processed simultaneously
and also competing for CPU resources.  The competition adds overhead and
consumes memory that can't actually be productively used.  An input
thread, an output thread and a number of processing threads equal to the
lesser of the number of images to be processed or the number of CPUs
would probably maximize throughput.

The avoidance of virtual memory thrashing is the subject of my one and
only patent.  It was a long time ago.
<http://patft.uspto.gov/netacgi/nph-Parser?Sect1=PTO1&Sect2=HITOFF&d=PALL&p=1&u=%2Fnetahtml%2FPTO%2Fsrchnum.htm&r=1&f=G&l=50&s1=5386561.PN.&OS=PN/5386561&RS=PN/5386561>

Chuck Norcutt