Re: [OM] RawTherapee

Subject: Re: [OM] RawTherapee
From: Wayne Harridge <wayneharridge@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 24 Dec 2008 10:30:58 +1100

> Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> Sounds like they need a smarter programmer.  Apart from the I/O
> operations to read and store the converted file having more threads than
>
> processors for CPU intensive tasks is counterproductive.  It's probably
> driving the virtual memory manager batty and spending all its time task
> switching or waiting on the swap file or both.

My basis for saying that it uses multiple threads is that if I add 5 files to
the "queue" they all seem to stay there for most of the processing time then
the number of files drops to zero very quickly at the end of the process.  CPU
utilisation sits at 100% except for the times when it's thrashing the disk.  I
thought there might be a parameter I could change to adjust the number of
threads it uses but wasn't able to find it (didn't really want to poke around
in the registry).  I guess I should email the developer(s) about it.

...Wayne

Wayne Harridge

http://lrh.structuregraphs.com