[OM] Poking around in CS4 Bridge

Subject: [OM] Poking around in CS4 Bridge
From: John Hudson <OM4T@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2008 11:49:58 -0400
Has anyone else spent time poking around in the CS Bridge program ?

In the Window / Metadata panel there is an option for recording GPS data
[latitude, longtitude, altitude, etc] as part of the camera EXIF camera data
embedded with one's image.

Question ........ through what mechanism is GPS data collected that will
ultimately end up being shown as part of the EXIF data ?  Am I to assume
that I would need a separate GPS gadget and keep a manual record of the data
image by image or is there the likes of an Olympus / GM OnStar plugin that
could be downloaded into the E camera software to gather the GPS data ?

jh