[OM] OT - question re anti-virus program

Subject: [OM] OT - question re anti-virus program
From: John Hudson <OM4T@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2008 10:29:27 -0400
Please excuse this OT question but I am sure somebody will have a quick and
short answer.

Does the McAfee anti-virus / utility / anti-spam package have a reputation
for slowing down one's computer when being run in "background and always
alert" mode? On the assumption that all such software causes some degree of
slowdown is McAfee worse than the competition?

Our daughter has recently taken out a 30 day subscription to the McAfee
package and tells me that her computer has really started to slow down
making her feel that McAfee is churning in the background and slowing up the
works.

jh